What is Local Seo
Local SEO is the process of optimizing your business for location-specific search queries. In other words, Local SEO makes it possible for someone searching for “home care” in the areas you serve to find your business.
Local search traffic is significant to your business because someone searching “home care agencies near me” is more likely to be ready to get started with home care services than someone just searching for “home care,” In which they might be 300miles away from your specific agency.
Before moving ahead, let’s take a look at some important local SEO statistics:
- 76 percent of people who look for a nearby business on their smartphones visit them within a day.
- According to a study by Forbes, 95% of smartphone users have used their device to perform mobile searches for local businesses, out of which 61% called the business, and 59% visited.
- 67 percent of consumers say that they research most services online before shopping for them in brick-and-mortar stores.
Benefits of Local SEO
Local SEO helps your business grow in so many ways. Here are a few:
Laser Targeted Traffic One of the biggest benefits of local SEO is that it helps target potential clients in and around the areas you want to serve.
Convert online searchers into offline purchases. Local SEO helps to convert online searches into offline purchases. Before making a purchase, your potential customers are more likely to search for home care agencies in their area. With local SEO, you have the opportunity to add reviews and get top rankings in google faster.
Amazing ROI (return on investment): Local SEO has an amazing ROI. To set up your local SEO, The cost is $0 to get started. You aren’t required to spend any money, and you don’t have to be tech-savvy to get started.
How To Set up your local SEO
To set up your Local SEO, you’ll need to set up a Google My Business account (Free)
“Google my business is a free tool that allows you to promote your Business Profile and business website on Google Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can see and connect with your customers, post updates to your Business Profile, and see how customers are interacting with your business on Google. ” – Credit Google.
- First off, this will require a Google account. If you don’t have one already, create one.
- Head over to google.com/business and click ‘Manage Now.’
- Now, it will ask you to enter your business name. After entering your business name, you need to enter the address of your business location (If you don’t want your customers to visit the location, you can tick the ‘Hide my address’ box).
- Next, you will be asked to enter service areas. Specifying service areas will let Google show your business in those areas.
- The next important point that comes in the process is choosing the business category. This step will create an impact on what search terms your business appears in Google.
- Adding a contact phone number and website URL is not compulsory, but entering these two will help you improve your GMB listing.
- After completing all the above steps, you are all set. Now, you need to verify your business. For verification, you get three options – postcard verification, phone verification, and email verification.
These are the basic steps you need to perform to set up your Google My Business account. For best practices for local SEO and improve your GMB listing, you must add photos, videos, use Google My Business Q&As, create Google My Business posts, and gather genuine reviews.
The goal with your local SEO is to become a “go-to business in your area.” Just think about the last time you searched for somewhere to dine… You might not recognize it, but you subconsciously (or consciously) look for places with more reviews and nice images. Once you have clients and or employees, the best practices, ask them if they could leave a review on your Google profile.
Need help setting up a google my business account? Schedule a phone call today and have us set it up for you!